Programming ArcGIS with Python
Value Addition Course Classroom Online
Duration: 40 hours
This is Practical course on ArcGIS ArcPy scripting, Including fundamentals of python language. Learn by ArcGIS python examples to automate and increase productivity of GIS, Geoprocessing workflow. Gain skills which are very helpful to customization GIS workflow. These skills of makes GIS Executive, cartographers demandable and eligible to attract better job prospective.
This is Practical course on ArcGIS ArcPy scripting, Including fundamentals of python language. Learn by ArcGIS python examples to In this course you will learn from basic python syntax to developing your on geoprocessing tools. Code to automate map production and related data management tasks that would be time-consuming and tedious to perform manually. Its teaches you how to work with the mapping module of the ArcPy site package to quickly and easily update map layers, and map document properties, modify map content, print individual maps, querying and selecting data, create your own geoprocessing tool in ArcTool box.
After completing this course you will be able to
- Understand fundamentals of the Python Language for ArcGIS
- Writing Basic Geoprocessing Scripts with ArcPy
- Update map document properties such as author, date, and descriptive tags.
- Repair broken layers when map files or data sources have been moved.
- Turn map layers on and off and add layers to a map.
- Change a layer's symbology in all maps that contain the layer.
- Automate Map Production and Printing
- Executing Geoprocessing Tools using Scripts
- Creating Custom Geoprocessing Tools
- Use script for Querying and Selecting Data
- Using the Arcpy Data Access Module to edit data
- Listing and Describing GIS Data
- Customizing the ArcGIS Interface with Add-Ins
- Error Handling and Troubleshooting, debugging
- Know concepts of GIS
- Operating knowledge of ArcGIS Desktop
- Programming experience not required where as basic knowledge of any programming language will add benefit
Who Should Attend?
- Students related to geoinformatics, GIS, remote sensing
- GIS Executive
- Working professionals in geospatial field